Lighten the load! Transfer your credit card balance to CrediMax today.
Choose one of these options:
- 0% Interest for 6 months
- Postpone the monthly minimum payments and enjoy 0% interest for 3 months
Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions:
- These terms and conditions (the Balance Transfer T&Cs) apply to and govern the transfer of the balance of the Nominated Credit Card to your CrediMax Credit Card Account
- By accepting this Programme and submitting the application to the Balance Transfer Programme, the Credit Card Balance Transfer T&Cs will automatically apply to you. It is therefore important that you ensure that you read and understand these terms and conditions before applying and submitting the application. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions then do not submit the application
- CrediMax reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to amend and/or supplement these terms and conditions at any time without any prior notification to the Cardholder. Any such amendments or supplements shall be provided on CrediMax website www.credimax.com.bh
- The Credit Card Balance Transfer T&Cs are in addition to the CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs. Unless specifically defined herein, the words and expressions used herein shall have the same meaning as in the CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs, if any conflict between the Credit Card Balance Transfer T&Cs and the CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs arises, then the CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs shall prevail
- “CrediMax” "We", "us" and "our" shall mean CrediMax B.S.C. (c) which is a financing company registered and existing in the Kingdom of Bahrain under commercial registration number 42787 and licensed by the Central Bank of Bahrain;
- “Cardholder”, "You", "your" and "yours" mean the Cardholder who is submitting the application to the Balance Transfer.
- “CrediMax Credit Card” means the card that is issued by CrediMax.
- “Nominated Credit Card” means the account from which the Cardholder requests the transfer of the balance to CrediMax Credit Card Account.
- “CrediMax Credit Cards T&Cs” means the CrediMax Cards terms and conditions and which is considered a binding and legal document between you and CrediMax.
General Terms and Conditions
The Balance Transfer Programme will be made available at the sole and absolute discretion of CrediMax. The Balance Transfer Programme is applicable only to the primary credit cardholders, whereby supplementary cardholders are not eligible to submit an application to the Balance Transfer. CrediMax has the sole discretion to accept or reject any Credit Card Balance Transfer application without having to provide reasons.
To avail of the Balance Transfer Programme, CrediMax shall have the right to request that the Cardholder submit to CrediMax certain documents and information, including but not limited to the following:
- Signed Card Application, attaching all required documents and information for the purposes of applying for a Credit Card from CrediMax;
- Signed Balance Transfer Form;
- A letter issued recently from the other bank/ financial institution which has issued the Nominated Credit Card setting out the amounts outstanding;
- The Nominated Credit Card cancellation letter
- Notwithstanding the above, CrediMax shall have the right and discretion to request any additional documents and information as it sees fit.
- By accepting this Programme and submitting the application to the Balance Transfer, you request and authorize CrediMax to pay on your behalf the balance you owe to the other issuing financial institution and to transfer the balance from the Nominated Credit Card to your CrediMax Credit Card Account.
- The balance transfer will be governed by the CrediMax Credit Card payment plan. In particular, and without limitation, you will be required to pay a monthly minimum payment as specified in the CrediMax Credit Card statement.
- The Balance Transfer transaction amount will be debited to the CrediMax Credit Card Account and will be remitted to the other bank / financial institution within three (3) business days from the date of CrediMax’s approval of the Application, by way of a cheque issued in the name of the bank/ financial institution. The cheque shall be delivered by the Cardholder to the other bank / financial institution.
- The Cardholder should continue to make payments to the Nominated Credit Card until the Cardholder receives confirmation in their subsequent CrediMax Credit Card statement that the Balance Transfer amount has been credited. CrediMax shall not be liable for any failure or delay by the Cardholder to effect such payment.
- CrediMax will not be held liable for the service charges and late payment charges, finance charges or any other charges or liabilities debited to your Nominated Credit Card due to a decline or a delay in execution of the Balance Transfer request.
- The Balance Transfer Programme cannot be availed of to transfer balance from another CrediMax Credit Card. This Programme is only applicable towards other financial institutions/ banks credit cards, which are issued in Bahrain and applicable for transfers within Bahrain.
- When submitting an application, the Cardholder may choose one of the offers listed below:
- 0% interest on Balance Transfer amount and all new transaction(s) for a period of 6 months; or
- 0% interest on Balance Transfer amount and all new transaction(s) in an addition to a payment deferment period of 3 months.
- In the event of Cardholder’s failure to pay the minimum sum due on the payment due date based on the selected offer , CrediMax reserves its right to cancel this offer and charge interest on the transferred amount at the prevailing rate from the balance transfer date.
In case of Balance Transfer, any payment made to the CrediMax Credit Card will be allocated in a predefined order as follows (i) service charges, (ii) finance charges, (iii) late payment charges, (iv) annual fee and (v) any other fees.
- During the Balance Transfer term, the balance transferred will also be included in the CrediMax Credit Card statement for the purposes of computing the minimum payment due on the CrediMax Credit Card.
- In case of closure of the Credimax Credit Card, whether such closure is initiation by CrediMax or the Cardholder, the entire balance outstanding on the Credit Card, including any balance transferred, will become payable immediately by the Cardholder.
- Billing cycle change is not allowed during the balance Transfer Programme.
- CrediMax shall not be in breach of its obligations or otherwise be liable to conduct this Programme as a result of any Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event in these terms and conditions, shall mean circumstances beyond the reasonable control of CrediMax including, amongst other things, acts of God, pandemic, industrial disputes, acts and regulations of any governmental or authority in any jurisdiction, etc. In such circumstances, CrediMax obligations to the Cardholder shall automatically stand discharged without the need to provide notice.
- In no event shall CrediMax (and any of its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees or agents) be liable or responsible for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses arising out of or otherwise related to this Programme.
CrediMax does not offer or provide any warranties, or accept any responsibility or liability of any kind in respect of this Programme and hereby disclaims any and all express or implied warranties with respect of the same.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain and any dispute in connection with and in relation thereto, shall be subject to the courts of the Kingdom of Bahrain.