MaxCover service is an optional service added to the total benefits of the card to allow cardholders opting for the service reduce fully or partially the financial burdens of their card outstanding balances in the event of permanent disablement or death.
Terms & Conditions:
General Terms -
- Upon the Death/ Permanent Disablement of the Principal Cardholder, he/she will be relieved of his/her Indebtedness effective from the date of the event.
- The maximum cumulative coverage amount payable under MaxCover shall not exceed BD 20,000, irrespective of the number of cards.
- In case of Death, Permanent Disablement, no Benefits shall be available for any transaction performed on the Principal or Supplementary Card(s) after the occurrence of Event.
- The fees are payable at the rate of .003 fils for every BD10 of the “Current Balance” shown on the Subscribed Cardholder’s monthly Statement of Account with a minimum charge of 100 fils per month.
- CrediMax reserves the right to vary the prescribed rate from time to time.
- The benefits under MaxCover shall be extended to Principal Cardholders only and shall cover both Main and Supplementary Card(s) Indebtedness.
- MaxCover Service shall continue to apply and the monthly fee shall continue to be charged unless the Cardholder explicitly expresses his intention not to be subscribed.
- Cardholder shall be billed Maxcover fee on the total monthly outstanding balance separately, on each Card Account.
- MaxCover Service shall terminate upon the occurrence of any of the following:
*Cancellation of the Account
*The Cardholder’s Death or Permanent Disablement.
*Default in payment of Subscribed Cardholder for a period of thirty (30) days or more. MaxCover will be automatically reinstated once the Cardholder has paid his/her total outstanding amount.
*Cancellation of MaxCover Service by CrediMax or the Cardholder
- MaxCover program shall be subject to and governed by the provisions of CrediMax Card General terms & Conditions
- CrediMax may from time to time change Maxcover Service terms and Conditions. CrediMax shall notify the Principal Cardholder with respect to any amendment through the monthly statements (as per the address provided to CrediMax) or by any other media channel.
- The Company has the right to choose a suitable insurance company to subscribe through.
Claims Procedures -
- Completing the appropriate claims form and provide all supporting evidence:
*Cancellation of the Account
*The Cardholder’s Death or Permanent Disablement
If Death happened outside Bahrain, the following should be provided:
*The death of certificate need to be notarized by the Ministry of Health
*Claim letter from the diseases family/relative with their full information in order to have a reference to get back to.
*CPR and Passport Copy
- Submitting the form and the evidence within maximum of (60) days after the occurrence of the event.
- If CrediMax finds information that is not true and incomplete it will cancel the MaxCover and Benefit will cease immediately.
- In case of Permanent Disablement, CrediMax shall credit the Cardholder’s Account. No cash or credit to other bank accounts shall be made. The Cardholder must immediately stop utilizing his/her Card.
- The insurance company will not be involved in any communication in any way.
- No Benefit shall be payable under MaxCover where the Event giving rise to the Benefit occurs as a result of the following:
- Any deliberate or self- inflicted Injury.
- Riot, civil commotion, strikes, war, acts of war or aggression (Whether war is declared or not).
- The influence of alcohol or drugs, other than for proper use as prescribed by al legally qualified medical practitioner.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex or the Presence of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- If his income is not affected and remains unchanged for Permanent Disablement cases.