- Our Products
- Card Benefits
- Offer & Promotions
- Merchant Acquiring
- Log-in your Card account
- Contact Us
Student Card Terms & Conditions
1. DEFINITIONS:“Company” means CrediMax B.S.C. (closed).
“Bank” means the Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait BSC.
“Card” means Visa, MasterCard and JCB Islamic Card(s) issued by the Company to a Cardholder.
“Agreement” means the Agreement between the Company and the Cardholder, the Terms of which are these Terms and Conditions of which may vary from time to time. “PIN” means the related personal identification number issued to the Cardholder and consisting of four-digits.
“E-Pin” means the six to eight digits number assigned to enable online electronic transactions.
“Principal Cardholder/Cardholder” means any person for whom the Card and the PIN is issued by the company “Card Transaction” means the purchase of goods or obtainment of services or cash withdrawals by the use of the Card (with PIN if needed), the Card number or in any manner authorized by the Cardholder.
“Card Account” means Account(s) maintained by the Company in relation to the issued Card.
“Credit Limit” means the maximum debit balance amount permitted under Card Account as determined and notified to the Cardholder by the Company from time to time.
2. USE OF THE CARDS:The Cardholder must (I) Sign the Card immediately on receipt (II) maintain the PIN in a secret place away from the Card and take all the necessary precautions to prevent others from knowing it. (III) Use the Card within the Credit Limit determined by the Company from time to time. Any excess over the Credit Limit being immediately repayable in full to the company to which the Cardholder is obligated to pay in addition to the over limit fee as mentioned in clause (4) of this document.
The Cardholder may not use the Card after the period for which it is stated to be valid or after notification to him of its cancellation or withdrawal by the company or any person acting on behalf of the Company. The Cardholder may not use the Card for any illegal Card Transaction, as defined by (I) Visa, MasterCard and JCB International regulations (II) Local Authorities (III) International authorities. The Card must not be used for any unlawful purpose, including the purchase of goods or services prohibited by the local laws in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
3. THE CARD ACCOUNT:The company will maintain a Card Account for each Cardholder and will charge to such Card Account the amounts of all goods and services (“purchases”) obtained by use of the Card and/or PIN and any loss incurred by the company arising from the use of the Card. Where a retailer in the course of Card Transaction conducted by the Cardholder seeks an authorization from the Company, the amount of such transaction will reduce the amount of the available Credit Limit on the Card Account. The amount of any Card Transaction in a currency other than account billing currency will be converted into the Card Account’s billing currency at the prevailing rates of exchange (as determined by Visa, MasterCard and JCB Associations) on the date such amounts are converted in addition to a nominal conversion fee and charged to the Card Account.
The company will normally send monthly statements of the Card Account to the Cardholder on the Client address as it appears on the application form or any written amendment thereto. The statement’s data shall be considered as accepted by the Cardholder if he/she doesn’t object to it within the specified duration of 15 days from the date of the statement.
The Cardholder will pay within 25 days from the date of each statement the full amount due as specified on the statement.
The Cardholder will also pay immediately any outstanding in excess over the Credit Limit, any arrears of previous payments and the amount of any Card Transaction made in breach of any Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
The Cardholder authorizes the Company to debit any other Account of the Cardholder with the Bank towards recovery of any arrears of payments and/or penalties that the company may impose for any card transaction made in breach of any Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
Subject to any limitation imposed by statute, all amounts due under this Agreement’s Terms & Conditions will be immediately payable by Cardholder in full on the commission of the death of the Cardholder or, at the company’s discretion, if there is any breach of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement by the Cardholder.
In case of death of the Cardholder the obligations of the Cardholder will remain in full force and effect until such time as they are duly satisfied.
Any payment to the company will take effect only when received at the address notified by the Company and credited to the Card Account and will be applied by the Company, firstly, in payment of the late payment fees; secondly, towards all interest payment dues; thirdly towards payment of all purchases shown on any previous statement; fourthly towards payment of all purchases shown on the latest statement; and lastly, towards payment of any purchases made and debited to the Card Account but not then shown on any statement.
The company reserves the right to change the order of application of payments received from time to time at its sole discretion. The Company shall notify the Cardholder with any amendment on his/her mentioned address he/she informed the Company in writing.
4. CHARGES:For the updated fees and charges, please refer to the below table.
Product features and benefits
5. CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF USE OF THE CARD:The company may at any time and immediately cancel or suspend the right of the cardholder and to use the card that is issued to him/her on temporary or permanent basis without any notice or justification. The company also has the right to cancel or suspend the use of the card , if he/she fails to satisfy his/her obligations under this Agreement or any attachments thereto or under any other Agreements or amendments, and/ or if he/she defaults in the payment of the amounts as they fall due. Accordingly, the right of using the Card under the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be automatically terminated and the cardholder(s) shall hand over the card to the company and refrain absolutely and immediately from using the card. Such cancellation shall not absolve the cardholder from his/her liabilities and obligations towards the company as agreed upon hereunder. The debit balance of the account of the cardholder shall continue in force and fees shall accrue as agreed between the two parties hereunder until the debit balance of the card account is finally settled.
In the event of death, or default of the Cardholder, the Company may in addition to any other remedies it may decide, take such steps as are necessary to restrict any right of use including withdrawal of the Card(s). The Card(s) remain(s) the property of the Company at all times. On request all and any Card(s) issued for use on the Card Account must be returned immediately to the company or any other person acting for the company. The Company reserves the right to renew/vary the Credit Limit of the Card Account from time to time. The Company also has the right to suspend & replace the card(s) at any time as a result of misuse of unauthorized parties or doubts of possible misuse/compromise of the Card’s data.
6. TERMINATION:The Cardholder may terminate this Agreement by written notice to the Company but such Termination shall only be effected upon the return of all cards issued by the Company back to the Company and full settlement of all the liabilities of the Cardholder to the Company, under this Agreement, the Cardholder is also required to pay any obligations and expense of the card(s) usage by the cardholder(s) prior to or after the Card’s cancellation date which were not billed or present on the Card statement at the time of cancellation but subsequently billed & form part of the Cardholder’s transactions amounts due payable to the Company. Until such Termination, the Company may reissue and/or renew Cards from time to time for use in accordance with this Agreement. Prior to leaving the Kingdom of Bahrain permanently, or temporary (for a period of 6 months), the Cardholder shall notify the company by phone to arrange to stop all cards issued to the cardholder, and then return to the Company all Card(s) issued by the Company to Cardholder(s). This agreement can also be terminated by the company at its sole discretion & or in the event of Cardholder violation of any term or condition of this agreement.
7. SAFEGUARDING THE CARD AND PIN:The Cardholder will exercise all possible care to ensure the safety & protection of the Card, its visible critical data and will safeguard the PIN number from disclosure to any person whatsoever. The Cardholder will not disclose the Card Number to any third party except in connection with a Card Transaction or when reporting the actual loss or theft of the Card to CrediMax.
If the Card is lost or stolen or if the PIN has become known to any unauthorized person, the Cardholder shall immediately notify the Company by immediately calling the dedicated telephone numbers made public to the Cardholder & published from time to time followed by written confirmation addressed to P. O. Box 5350, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
If this notification is given orally it shall not take effect unless confirmed in writing to the Company at the above address within seven days. Until the company receives written notification, the Principal Cardholder will be liable to the Company in respect of any use of the Card during this period.
8. REFUNDS AND CARDHOLDER CLAIMS:The Card Account will only be credited with a refund in respect of a Card Transaction if the Company received a refund voucher or other refund confirmation acceptable to it. No claim by a Cardholder against a third party may be the subject of a defense or counterclaim against the Company. No rights of a Cardholder against the Company may be assigned or otherwise disposed of. The company shall not be liable in any way if the Card is not honored by a third party. Objections & claims must be submitted in writing to the company within 15 days of the date of the statement as outlined in clause (3) & the company will not be under any obligation to respond to or resolve any claims received after the lapse of 15 days.
9. VARIATION OF THIS AGREEMENT:The Company reserves its right to amend the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement at any time. The Company shall notify the Cardholder about these amendments by written notice or in the monthly statements; the Cardholder shall have the right to accept these amendments and continue to use the Cards, or object them and terminate the Agreement within 30 days under the conditions of clause (6) of this Agreement; continuation of using the Card(s) by the Cardholder after the notification shall be considered as an acceptance of these amendments.
10. GENERAL:The company will not be liable if it is unable to perform its obligations under this Agreement due (directly or indirectly) to the failure of any machine, data processing system or transmission link or industrial dispute or anything beyond the company’s control. If the company is unable to produce or send a statement, the Principal Cardholder’s liability for services charges and other fees shall continue and for the purpose of calculating services charge and establishing the date on which payment is due, the company may select a set date each month as the statement’s date.
It is the Cardholder’s responsibility to check with the Company on and/or before the relevant set date each month if he/she is not in receipt of the monthly statement for the amount payable and know the deadline within which such remittance is to be effected.
The Cardholder shall immediately notify the company in writing of any change of his/her personal data, contact information, employment data, and the financial statements of income , attaching a proof of these changes.
If the Company, on behalf of the Cardholder, enters into any Agreement with insurance companies and other international institutions for the procurement of certain benefits to the Cardholder, it will be the sole responsibility of such companies and institutions to execute those benefits.
The Cardholder accepts full liability for all losses incurred and for all debits to his or her Card Account in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any other facilities or benefits made available to Cardholders as such as and not forming part of this Agreement may be withdrawn at any time without notice by the Company.
The Company may Disclose Card Record Account information to the local and international Authorities and related Association. The Cardholder Acceptance to this is already existed.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the cardholder irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Kingdom of Bahrain. The Arabic version of this Agreement shall prevail.
For further details on the terms and conditions of CrediMax Student Card, please refer to our website www.credimax.com.bh.